Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mom's Favorites: Ribs

I confess. I'm not a big red meat eater. I like a good steak now and then but it's not the thing that I "have to have". That's always made it interesting when we go to steak houses for dinner. At the Hilltop, I always got the seafood casserole. When we went to Ruth Chris for New Year's, I had salmon. When we go to Lonestar or Texas Roadhouse, I almost always get ribs. 

I love ribs and rubs and sauces. When they are done right, the meat just about falls off the bone! I'm also a sweet and savory kind of gal too, so my bbq sauce tends to run in the honey bbq family. Tonight's entry combines these two of my favorite things and adds a whopper of a hot kick with the chipolte!

Honey Chipolte Ribs

Ingredients:
6 lbs. pork baby back ribs   3 c. ketchup       2 bottles Guinness beer   2 c. bbq sauce
1 small onion, chopped      2/3 c. honey       1/4 c. Worcestershire       2 tbsp. dijon mustard  
2 tbsp. chopped chipolte peppers in adobo  4 tsp. ground chipolte pepper
1 tsp. salt                           1 tsp. garlic powder      1/2 tsp. pepper

Directions:

  1.  .Wrap ribs in large pieces of heavy duty foil.
  2. Seal edges and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1 1/2 hrs.
  3. In a large saucepan, combine the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
  4. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until thick stirring occasionally.
  5. Carefully remove ribs from foil and place over direct heat.
  6. Baste with some of the sauce.
  7. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until browned, turning once and basting occasionally with additional sauce.
  8. Serve with remaining sauce.

There's not much else to say except...YUM!


As always, have fun!                  

No comments:

Post a Comment