Sunday, March 15, 2015

Fudge!

Ok so I get "really, you make candy? It's so much work" quite a bit. However, I don't think that's a true statement in every case.  There are plenty of candy recipes that require the candy thermometer and a whole lot of patience, but there are plenty that are very basic. I get rave reviews on my peanut butter fudge - another one I've stolen from Taste of Home (I highly recommend this magazine!).  In fact, one person said it reminded her of Reese's peanut butter, and I consider that a high compliment!

Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients:
2 c. sugar           1/2 c. milk           1 1/3 c. peanut butter        1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme

Directions:

  1. In a saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil.
  2. Boil for 3 minutes.
  3. Add peanut butter and marshmallow.
  4. Mix well.
  5. Quickly pour into a buttered 8 in. square pan.
  6. Chill until set and cut into squares.
Yes, it's really that easy! If you have patience, candy making can be a lot of fun. Whether it's something like this with a few simple steps or even a toffee that you have to be careful with getting the temperature just right, it's very cool to see it all come together.  And candy always makes a good present.

Just remember - as always, have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Looking forward to this next Christmas! Lol! Really does sound easy. Maybe I can make fudge after all!

    ReplyDelete