Saturday, March 7, 2015

Weather Changes....Sick?

In the dead of winter, I don't get sick. I traipse through snow in negative temperatures and don't get sick. It was in the teens and twenties yesterday and thirties and forties today. I wake up with a cold. With my throat on fire and my nose completely stuffed up, I wondered what the best cure would be...soup!

Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup

Ingredients:
6 cups milk                   3 cans cream of chicken soup            1 lb. shredded chicken           
1 cup sour cream          1/4 c. - 1/2 c. hot pepper sauce (depending on taste)

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
  2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Even better, a recipe without a lot of prep work when you have no energy or patience to deal with it. A cup of hot soup always makes me feel better when I'm sick and the heat in this one could potentially clear anyone's sinuses!

As always, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment