Monday, April 27, 2015

100 Posts ... 100 Cans

So, today's post is #100. It's hard to believe I've done this 100 days so far and even more so that I'm still enjoying the ride. 

I kept trying to think of a special way to commemorate the 100th post.  My friend Julie found the perfect connection. Andy Warhol and his 100 Cans painting. He was pretty famous for making art out of Campbell's soup cans, so in his honor, your dinner will be a piece of art too!

Mushroom Beef Stew

Ingredients:
1 lb. beef stew meat                1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix       2 4 oz. cans of sliced mushroms, drained
Hot cooked egg noodles

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients except egg noodles in crockpot.
  2. Cover and cook on low 8 - 10 hours.
  3. Serve over noodles.
How easy was that? My one piece of advice is to keep an eye on that beef. All of my crockpot recipes seem to suggest long cook times. However, beef cooks up pretty quickly regardless. Even on low, you'll find it probably won't take nearly the 8 hours. It also depends on how you like your meat. If you need it well done, then I'm sure you'll probably end up closer to the 8 hours, but if you are like me and want the meat moist, it really is important to keep an eye on it.

As always, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment