Sunday, April 12, 2015

Coffee in your Morning Routine

When I say coffee, I'm not talking Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. I'm not even talking a hot or cold beverage. Coffee is a great baking tool!  I love mocha flavored stuff and I love espresso and cappuccino, so adding them to some muffins gives you a great flavor change, which coincidentally would go great with a hot or cold cup of coffee!

Cappuccino Muffins

Ingredients:

Muffins:  2 c. flour          3/4 c. sugar      2 1/2 tsp. baking powder           1 tsp. cinnamon
              1/2 tsp. salt      1 c. milk            2 tbsp. instant coffee granules  1/2 c. butter, melted
              1 egg. beaten   1 tsp. vanilla    3/4 c. mini chocolate chips

Spread:  4 oz. cream cheese, cubed        1 tbsp. sugar       1/2 tsp. instant coffee granules
              1/2 tsp. vanilla                             1/4 c. mini chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. In a food processor, combine the spread ingredients.
  2. Cover and process until well blended.
  3. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
  4. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
  5. In another bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved.
  6. Add butter, egg and vanilla and mix well.
  7. Stir into dry ingredients just until moist.
  8. Fold in chocolate chips. 
  9. Fill greased on paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
  10. Bake at 375 for 17-20 minutes.
  11. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
  12. Serve with spread.
I had something similar to this when I worked in Boston at the coffee shop across the street from the State House.  It was one of my favorite things! I highly recommend these, especially if you are a coffee lover.

As always, have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment