Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pseudo-Cheesecake?



People often say you are either a baker or a cooker, but not both. I can safely say I am both. I love to cook and experiment with flavors and combinations of food. But, I also love baking. I have always found baking as a great relaxer. I bake every Christmas for everyone and get rave reviews.


I know not everyone loves to put the time and detailed attention in that is required by baking. In that spirit, I give you today’s recipe – Cheesecake Crescent Rolls. All the flavor and fun of cheesecake and less work.


Cheesecake Crescent Rolls


Ingredients:
2 cans crescent rolls    16 oz. cream cheese, softened     1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sugar     1/4 c. butter     cinnamon & sugar, to taste


Directions:
  1. Unroll & spread one can of crescent rolls in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
  2. Combine cream cheese, 1 c. sugar  and vanilla.
  3. Spread on top of the crescent rolls.
  4. Unroll and spread the 2nd can on top.
  5. Drizzle melted butter and cinnamon sugar on top.
  6. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.


See? What did I tell you? Quick and delicious. So, tell me, do you prefer cooking or baking? Why or why not?

As always, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment