Monday, January 26, 2015

Super Bowl Bacon & Cream Cheese Deviled Eggs

I'm realizing how true my post about not being able to go wrong with bacon was! Day 2 of the Super Bowl recipes and I have yet another bacon related recipe!

I've got a confession to make. I used to hate deviled eggs. In fact, until the age of about 10, I didn't eat any eggs. Then, I discovered scrambled eggs with ketchup and was in heaven. But, that was the only way I would eat them! I remember my parents hard boiling eggs and thinking it was just the grossest thing ever. It wasn't until I became an adult that I revisited deviled eggs and fell in love. I've tried all sorts of fillings with them at different parties. They are a must have at any gathering!

Bacon & Cream Cheese Deviled Eggs

Ingredients:

1 dozen hard boiled eggs     1/2 lb. cooked bacon     1 pkg. softened cream cheese     1/2 c. mayo
3 tbsp. mustard                    1/2 tbsp. worcestershire     cayenne, salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Hard boil your eggs. Cool them and peel them.
  2. Cut them lengthwise and scoop the yoke in a mixing bowl.
  3. Add softened cream cheese, mayo, mustard, worcestershire.
  4. Blend until smooth - add in cayenne, salt & pepper if desired.
  5. Add finely chopped bacon.
  6. Add this mixture to the egg halves and sprinkle with paprika.
  7. Chill overnight if you can wait that long.
This recipe kind of reminds me of bacon & eggs. Maybe that's why it's one of my favorites. I think it's also an easy recipe to spice to your own tastes. Switch up the type of mustard you use. You could put some hot sauce in or maybe some taco sauce. Instead of cayenne or paprika, you could easily drop in some chipolte or perhaps lemon pepper. Get crazy!

As always, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment