Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wishing for Summer Treats

Though this winter hasn’t been as bad as it could have been, I’m ready for some warm weather. I just find cold to be a bit depressing all the time.  On the other hand, I love a good cold dessert on a hot summer’s day! I think this has a lot to do with my birthday tradition growing up. Ice cream cake! Those of you from Waltham – remember Dean Dairy? I LOVED picking out my ice cream cake every year there. I think my favorite was the unicorn cake with the lollipop horn.


In this vein, I have another super easy crowd pleaser. In fact, I made this for my boss’s retirement party in May and got rave reviews. Typically, for my work functions, I never repeat a recipe. This is a rule I instituted so that there would always be an element of surprise to what I brought in. Plus, it guaranteed I could always try something new! I had so many requests for this recipe that I made another one for a group in July.


No Bake Oreo Cream Cake


Ingredients:
1/2 c. hot fudge     1 tub cool whip     1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
2 c. chopped oreos     12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches


Directions:
  1. Whisk hot fudge with 1 c. cool whip.
  2. Add dry pudding mix.
  3. Stir in 1 c. cookies.
  4. Arrange a layer of 4 ice cream sandwiches on a plate.
  5. Top with the cool whip mixture.
  6. Repeat layers.
  7. Top with remaining sandwiches.
  8. Frost with the rest of the cool whip.
  9. Cover with the remaining cookies.

As always, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment