Thursday, February 19, 2015

Easy Root Beer Cupcakes

It's time to circle back and do another dessert recipe. I picked this one for those who don't fancy themselves as bakers.  I, as you all know, love to do everything from scratch. I've made my own candy, pudding etc. I just love to put that level of detail into everything. That's why when I do a trifle, it usually turns into hours long. I'm just that crazy.

Sometimes, you just don't have the time to do it though. That's where this wonderfully sweet recipe comes in. You can pair these cupcakes with vanilla ice cream and it's almost like having a root beer float!

Root Beer Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 pkg. golden cake mix          4 tsp. root beer concentrate, divided          1 carton cool whip

Directions:

  1. Prepare and bake cupcakes according to package directions, adding 2 tsp. of the concentrate when mixing.
  2. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
  3. In a small bowl, mix cool whip and the other 2 tsp. of concentrate. 
  4. Spread over cupcakes. 
This is also a nice cheap recipe to replicate. I bet you could do it as a full cake if you wanted.

As always, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment