Friday, February 27, 2015

Happy Anniversary

I love celebrations, mostly because it's a good excuse for me to cook and/or bake. Like I really need a reason, right? Saying you'll come over for dinner is enough for me to plan a full out meal. I remember having our friend Brian Craw for dinner and making cornish game hens. He was a typical bachelor and had never seen them before. He certainly never left our house hungry!

Anyway, today's recipe is honor of another really special person, my cousin/little sister/friend/mini me Danielle. It's her and Berto's anniversary today so I asked her what she likes - cheesecake! Of course, I can never just make a simple cheesecake. That just wouldn't be me!

Tiny Cherry Cheesecakes

Ingredients:
1 c. flour                   1/3 c. sugar                 1/4 c. baking cocoa           1/2 c. cold butter       
2 tbsp. cold water     6 oz. cream cheese    1/4 c. sugar                        2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla             1 egg                           1 can cherry pie filling

Directions:

  1. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and cocoa.
  2. Cut in butter until crumbly.
  3. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
  4. Shape into 24 little balls.
  5. Place balls in a greased mini muffin pan.
  6. Press dough to bottom and up the sides of each cup.
  7. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
  8. Beat in milk and vanilla.
  9. Add egg and beat on low just until combined.
  10. Spoon about 1 tbsp. into each cup.
  11. Bake at 325 for 15-18 minutes.
  12. Cool on wire rack for 1/2 hour. 
  13. Remove from pan and finish cooling.
  14. Top with pie filling and store in the refrigerator.
What's your favorite sweets to share  with your sweetie pie? 

As always, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment